- About Domino's Pizza
About Domino's Pizza
- DOMINO’S PIZZA INTERNATIONAL
- Domino's opened their first store in 1960 and are now leaders in the pizza delivery industry. It is now the largest pizza company in the world based on global retail sales with 16,500 stores in 85 nations, and selling more than 3 million pizzas each day throughout our global system. Everyone from all other countries now enjoy delicious pizza from Domino's.
- Birth of Domino's Pizza and development
- Domino's Pizza were founded by Thomas S. Managhan and his brother in
Michigan 1960 with Domi-Nick's Pizza as brand name. In 1965, naming
has been changed from "Domi-Nick's Pizza" to "Domino's Pizza" which is
- 1 Beetle to 9,000 stores international
- In 1960, 1 Volkswagen Beetle was the only delivery tool of delivery of Domino's
Pizza. Domino's Pizza expanded its border in international market by opening 1st
international store in Winipack, Canada in 1983 and in 2010, Domino's Pizza
opened 9,000th store in New Delhi, India.
- Origin of Domino’s Logo
- When the brand naming was changed from “Domi-Nick’s” to “Domino’s”
in 1965, 3 dots in logo symbolized 3 stores of Domino’s Pizza.
Logo containing Domino’s distinctive fonts, vivid color and 45 degree
structure symbolizes Domino’s Pizza’s goal, and it makes great
harmony with modern and strong image of our own.
- Heatwave System
- In 1998, in order to maintain warm temperature of pizza until delivered to
customers, Heatwave system was implemented inside delivery bag with
electronic heating and charging system, Thus, Domino’s Pizza could maintain
ideal temperature of 65~70℃ for 45 minutes that detemines taste of pizza.
- ‘FPM (Faster Pizza Maker)’ Competition
- In 1982 FPM was started as “Two Tray Time”. Parcticipants of competition had to
make 3 pizzas (Pepperoni, Mushroom, Cheese) in perfect quality with speed. Main
goal of the competition was to let others know that Domino’s Pizza can make and
deliver delicious pizza within short time.
Now it has become “World’s Fastest Pizza Maker” and best pizza makers of
Domino’s Pizza from different nations now are competing against each other to
be the World Best Pizza Maker, in every 2 years time.
- International history of Domino’s Pizza
- Opened its firststore in Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Changed the name to Domino’s Pizza
- Opened the first Domino’s Pizza store
- Opened its 100th Domino’s store (Ypsilanti)
- Opened its 1,000th store and its first in Canada
- Entered the British, Japanese market
- Opened its South America store (Colombia)
- Opened its 5,000th store
- Opened its first store in Korea/Implemented its Customer satisfaction Guarantee
- Opened its Africa store (Egyptian)
- Bought ‘Bain Capital’
- Domino’s Pizza was listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- Opened its 400th store each in Australian and British/Opened its 8,000th store (Panama)
- 50th anniversary of the establishment of Domino’s / Opened its 9,000th store (New Delhi, India)
- Domino’s celebrates the grand opening of its 13,000th store in the world. The store is located in Auburn, Wash.
- just outside of Seattle.
- Domino's opens the doors to its 14,000th store in the world, located in Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
- Domino’s Opens the doors to its 15,000th store in the world, located in TX, USA.
- Domino’s Opens the doors to its 16,000th store in the world, located in NY, USA.